FreeGamedev.net is a community of Free and open-source (FOSS) game developers and players.
Our aim is to bring players and developers together. We do this by providing various hosted services to smaller open-source game projects to help them cater to a player (and tester) community.
We also try to promote open-source game projects and development tools through our blog and other related channels.
FreeGameDev.net is run by an informal group of volunteers with no commercial interest. If you want to volunteer to help run the services, please get in touch.
Freegamedev.net is part of the F-hub.org umbrella organisation that runs the FreeGameDev.net infrastructure. You can support F-hub.org through donations.
FreeGameDev.net cooperate with the following sites:
- OpenGameArt.org, a site for FLOSS / CC licensed game assets
- LibreGameWiki.org, a site listing FLOSS games
- LibreGaming.org, a community for players of FLOSS games
- onFOSS, a regular online gaming event
- Jamgaroo, a site to organise open-source game jams
This forum is based on Flarum.